Search This Blog

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Lindsay Lohan: 'I've only done cocaine five times'

Lindsay Lohan has opened up about her substance abuse issues, insisting that she has "never been a junkie".

In an interview with Piers Morgan for The Mail on Sunday, the actress said that moving to LA in her late teens was the root cause of her troubles.


> Lindsay Lohan 'arrives at Betty Ford Centre for rehab stay'

"I got arrested for my first DUI when I was 20 and they found me with drugs. It was the first time I'd taken drugs; I was out in a club with people I shouldn't have been with, and took cocaine, and got in the car," Lohan said.

"It was so stupid. Everyone thinks I've done [cocaine] so many times, but I've only done it maybe four or five times in my life. I don't like it. It reminds me of my dad.

"I took it four times in a period from about the age of 20 to 23, and I got caught twice. I've never taken heroin either, never injected myself with anything, never done LSD. Those things all scare me."

On the drugs she has tried, she continued: "Pot, obviously. And ecstasy. I liked that better than the others. I've never been a huge drinker. I've never woken up in the morning and had a drink.

"I think my two DUIs were totally irresponsible - a stupid mistake. Everyone thinks I'm this crazy drug addict who shows up late to everything and behaves so badly. But I'm not.

"I've never been a junkie, and never will be. I just like going out late to clubs with friends and listening to music. Always have done. It's not that unusual for girls of 26."

She added of her trips to rehab: "I've been court-ordered to do it six times. I could write the book on rehab. Constantly sending me to rehab is pointless.

"The first few times I was court-ordered to rehab it was like a joke, like killing time. I think there are other things I could do that would benefit me more.

"The best thing they could do for me would be to make me go abroad to different countries and work with children."


No comments:

Post a Comment